Caring for an aging parent or family member can be exhausting, difficult and lonely work - but you are not alone. Many families find comfort and relief working with the experts at the Home Health department at JCHC. We are an affordable, compassionate home care agency.
Our attentive, dependable in-home caregivers offer emotional care and quality of life for your loved ones and much needed respite care for you.
Whether for a few hours/week, or 24 hours a day, non-medical home care is perfect for those who would prefer to remain in their own as opposed to moving into an adult community. We are here to help you with all kinds of services, ranging from light housekeeping, transportation, medication reminders, errands, meal prep and assistance with activities of daily living. This type of home care is usually referred to as companion or personal care and can be extremely effective for those recovering from an illness or injury. It often increases and prolongs one’s independence.
JCHC provides more than just personal and companion care. We have skilled care givers with varying specialties. Home health care services includes physical therapy, medication management, wound care, as well as additional services provided by licensed nurses. This type of home care is appropriate for those suffering from chronic illness, recovering from an acute injury or illness that may need skilled care to stay at home. Home health care can also help to prevent or shorten hospital stays.
"Our Home Health Department is able to provide many of the services you received in the hospital in the comfort of your own home."
SKILLED NURSING CARE
Home Health nurses provide direct care including: assessment, medications, injections, intravenous therapy, central line care, wound care, catheter management, ostomy care, blood draws for tests, teaching and instruction on home care techniques.
Physical therapy evaluates the home environment, provides therapy in the home and instructs individuals and family members on appropriate exercises, use of prosthetics, equipment and safety.
CERTIFIED HOME HEALTH AIDE
Home Health Aides assist with personal care of the patient including: bathing, hair care, nail care, oral care, dressing, unsterile dressing changes, exercises/ambulation/transfers, vital signs, and reminders to patients to take medications. They also assist with light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, changing bed linen, and running errands.
The dietitian counsels patients regarding appropriate diet for a patient's disease, monitors effectiveness of the diet and sets up dietary goals.
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES IF:
- Your needs can be met at home.
- You want service in your home.
- You are under the care of a JCHC physician.
- There is another person available and willing to participate in your care, if you are unable to care for yourself.
- You live in an area accessible during the time service is needed.
HOW CAN YOU PAY FOR HOME HEALTH SERVICES?
- You may be Medicare/Medicaid eligible if you are homebound. This means that you are not able to leave home due to your medical condition without the help of another person or a device, or that your medical condition makes it inadvisable for you to leave your home.
- Medicare/Medicaid also requires that a patient needs one or more skilled services (Nursing, Physical Therapy or Speech Therapy).
- Medicaid "community-based waiver services", that include Home Health Aide care, may be available if you qualify financially.
- Call the Home Health Department with any questions about financial coverage by Medicare, Medicaid, Worker's Compensation, or Private Pay.
- All of our services are also available through private pay.
GIVE US A LIKE ON FACEBOOK!
GIVE US A LIKE ON FACEBOOK!
CLINIC OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.