- To begin the process, you will call the Family Medical Center and set up a pre surgical consultation with Dr. Ruby. Call 684-2228 for that appointment.
Before Surgery, Call JCHC's surgical department (684-6264) if :
- You are not sure what time to arrive at JCHC on the day of your procedure.
- You experience any changes in your health between your most recent visit to your physician and the day of your procedure, even minor ones like a temperature, cough or a cold.
- You suspect that you are pregnant. Anesthesia and medication may be harmful to the developing fetus, so we would discuss other options.
- You have a latex allergy, diabetes, heart conditions, kidney or liver failure.
- You take medications on a regular basis. Your physician/surgeon may have guidance about which medications you should or should not take on the day of your procedure.