We are excited to announce that visitation restrictions are being loosened in the long-term care setting, which will allow in-room visitation with the residents.
This change will be in effect at Amie Holt Care Center beginning on Monday March 29, 2021. Our Activities Department and volunteers will screen visitors at the main entry doors and escort them through the facility.
We are still operating under the guidance of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and must provide limited supervision to make sure that visitors and residents are following infection control guidelines such as wearing masks at all times, performing hand hygiene and maintaining social distancing.
We continue to encourage all visitors to visit outside as the best and safest practice, but visitors are allowed to visit in resident rooms following the following guidelines:
In-Room Visitation will be during the hours posted ONLY.
- Monday through Friday 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
We will continue to have scheduled visits available, supervised by activity staff, upon appointment only. Call Amie Holt Care Center, 307-684-2122. to schedule appointments.
- Monday 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.
These visitation hours are subject to change at any time due to CMS requirements for staff supervision.
We ask that residents and their families who choose to enjoy in-room visitation follow these guidelines:
- No more than 2 visitors may visit a resident at one time.
- Enter the facility at the locked main entrance doors only. If nobody is at the reception area to assist you, call the Supervisor Nurse cell phone (307) 217-0459.
- You will sign in and be screened each day following our protocol, have your temperature checked, and perform hand hygiene.
- We cannot allow you to visit if you have any signs of a respiratory or other infection: fever, shortness of breath, cough, congestion, cold-like symptoms, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat or hoarse voice.
- Visitors and residents must wear a mask at all times in the facility and in the resident’s room.
- Once you have been screened, staff or volunteers will escort you to the resident’s room.
- Visitors must remain in the resident room or designated visiting area at all times. If you are asked by staff to step out temporarily while personal care is performed, you must remain just outside the resident’s doorway so that you will not be near other residents.
- Visitors are not permitted to interact with other residents.
- If the resident is fully vaccinated, you may visit closer than 6 feet if the resident chooses. Both visitors and residents must wear a mask.
- We are not allowing visits during meal times, no food and drink during visits.
- Use the call light in the resident room or call the supervisor phone, (307) 217-0459, if you need assistance and when you are ready to leave.
- Staff will escort you to and from the room as is required by the CDC and CMS.
The staff may ask visitors to leave if they are not following this protocol. Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding throughout this pandemic.
Our goal is to protect all of our residents from the spread of COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns we are happy to discuss them with you. You may contact JoAnn Carter, RN/IC at 684-2122 ext. #6282.
You must log in to post a comment.