Holiday Grief Share
Help and hope as you navigate the Christmas season
Wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas? Are you dreading these holidays, knowing that everything has changed and that happy memories from past years can’t be recreated?
Holiday Grief Share Group
November 19 from 5 – 7 pm or December 17 from 4 – 6 pm
Our Surviving the Holidays group is especially for people who are grieving a loved one’s death.
- How to deal with the many emotions you’ll face during the holidays
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes
- Helpful tips for surviving social events
- How to discover hope for your future
About the event
Here’s what happens at a Surviving the Holidays group
A Surviving the Holidays event lasts for about two hours. You’ll be welcomed by warm, caring people who understand what you are going through and who want to help. During the seminar, you will:
- Watch a 40-minute video, filled with practical holiday survival tips and the real-life stories of people who have navigated the season after their loved one’s death.
- Hear other seminar attendees explain how they are dealing with the holidays.
- Have the opportunity to share how grief is affecting you. (No pressure—this is optional. We want you to feel comfortable.)
- Receive a personal copy of the GriefShare Holiday Survival Guide.
Surviving the Holidays is sponsored by the GriefShare program and affiliated local GriefShare groups. GriefShare is a 13-week grief support group offered by JCHC and Grace Fellowship Church. GriefShare is nondenominational and open to people of all faiths, as well as those who do not practice a faith. You do not need to be enrolled in a GriefShare group to attend the Surviving the Holidays group. Everyone is welcome!
Both events will be held at 108 N. Burritt Ave (Grace Fellowship Church) in Buffalo
You must log in to post a comment.