- Family Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
Family Medicine is a specialty area of Medical Practice which encompasses the entire family in a special way of practicing medicine. Instead of offering fragmented health care, as most specialty medical practices do, Family Medicine offers total family, holistic health care. This means that you can see your Family Doctor for Obstetric care (delivering your baby at JCHC), Pediatric Care (at the Family Medical Center in Buffalo or Kaycee), General family wellness check ups, Gynecology (well women checkups), and Geriatric care all in one place, with one doctor who knows you well.
Family Medicine offers a unique, comprehensive high quality health care experience that other specialties simply can't offer.
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- St. Mark's Family Medicine Residency , Salt Lake City
AFFILIATIONS & AWARDS
- Board Certified: American Board of Family Practice
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Utah Academy of Family Physicians
- NRP, PALS, ATLS, ACLS, ALSO Certified
- Presented to Utah Academy of Family Physicians Annual Conference - original research on "Teratogenic prescription drugs in reproductive aged women without contraception"
- Published original research article "Is there evidence that estrogen therapy promotes weight maintenance via effects on leptin?"
Growing up in a small rural community in Wyoming helped to shape Dr. William's interest in medicine, and lead her to finding the way to Family Medicine.
Dr. Williams was the chief Resident at St. Mark's hospital Family Medicine Residency. She wrote research publications and even found time to volunteer. Dr. Williams was an instructor for a suture workshop, was the team physician for the Salt Lake City Moose Hockey Team and for the Central Pacific Regional Figure Skating Championships.
Dr. Williams practices Family Medicine at the Family Medical Center in Buffalo, Wyoming She enjoys pediatric medicine and caring for families. She loves the comprehensive healthcare concept that Family Medicine offers to her patients
When asked about what she looks forward to in her career, she states
"I look forward to providing primary care to entire families in our great state."
Dr. Williams and her husband enjoy spending time in the outdoors, hiking, exploring the mountains and skiing in the winter. She also enjoys reading, cooking, golf and photography.