Starting physical therapy can increase feelings of stress and anxiety for many. We strive to make your time with us a positive experience. Below is a guide to prepare you for what to expect from your initial appointment.
What should you do before your appointment?
Before your first visit, we recommended that you:
- Make an appointment. Our goal is to schedule you within a week of your request. Many times we can get you in next day for emergencies and can accommodate to most schedules.
- Be observant of how your injury/deficit impacts your daily activities. What makes it better? What makes it worse?
- Write down any questions you have for your physical therapist
What should you bring with you and what should you wear?
- Bring your prescription from your referring physician and your insurance card. Your referring physician may also fax us your prescription to 307-684-6258.
- Bring any splints, braces or assistive devices you use.
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow your physical therapist to reach the area being examined.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to complete paperwork. You will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire pertaining to your injury/deficit. Questionnaire will be used to identify areas of concern and track rehab progress.
What will happen during your physical therapy evaluation?
Your physical therapist will closely examine your medical history. You will be asked general questions to determine your overall health and more specific questions about your current condition. The physical therapist will do a thorough evaluation of effected part(s) as well any contributing areas. You will receive a PT diagnosis, customized treatment plan, and home exercise program (HEP). Our PTs will work closely with your physician and family as needed. Apporoximate time for evaluation is 45-60 minutes.
How often will you need to return?
Each patient is unique in their PT needs. Continued physical therapy appointments are discussed at your first visit. You and your physical therapist will collaborate to find a schedule that works for both.
Have more questions? Give us a call at 307-684-6172