Why choose JCHC for your Home Health care needs?...
*We have a long history in Johnson County.
JCHC's Home Health Care has been trusted by Johnson County residents for decades.
*We are where the doctors are
Continuity of care and collaboration with our local doctors are important hallmarks of what we offer. Doctors and staff meet together to create a comprehensive care plan for each patient. Because we are right where the doctors are, that collaboration is a daily occurrence. Excellence in all we do is a mainstay of our philosophy of care.
*Johnson County doctors trust us
Johnson County doctors work in the same building as we do, and they routinely refer patients to us. We attend appointments with our patients, collaborate with the medical team, and have earned the doctor's trust over the years.
"When I moved to Buffalo, I needed assistance. One of my biggest goals is to live in my own home. Fortunately, I was introduced early on to JCHC’s Home Health Department, and they have just been wonderful. JCHC’s home health care is making my goal possible for me."
-- Sally Schuff, JCHC Home Health Care Patient
IN-HOME NURSING CARE
Home Health nurses provide direct care including assessment, medications, injections, intravenous therapy, central line care, wound care, catheter management, ostomy care, blood draws for tests, teaching, and instruction on home care techniques.
JCHC provides more than just personal and companion care. We have skilled caregivers with varying specialties. Home health care services include physical therapy, medication management, wound care, and additional services provided by licensed nurses. This type of home care is appropriate for those suffering from chronic illness, recovering from an acute injury or illness that may need skilled care to stay at home. Home health care can also help to prevent or shorten hospital stays.
NON MEDICAL HOME CARE
Whether for a few hours/week or 24 hours a day, non-medical home care is perfect for those who would prefer to remain on their own, but just need a little help to do so. We help with all kinds of services, ranging from light housekeeping, transportation, medication reminders, errands, meal prep and assistance with activities of daily living. This type of home care can be extremely helpful for those recovering from an illness or injury. It often increases and prolongs one’s independence.
Home Health Aides assist with personal care of the patient including bathing, hair care, nail care, oral care, dressing, unsterile dressing changes, exercises/ambulation/transfers, vital signs, and reminders to patients to take medications. They also assist with light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, changing bed linen, and running errands.
"JCHC has phenomenal nurses and CNAs. For our staff, Home Health Care is not just a job – it’s a calling.
JCHC offers support for those who are dealing with grief. Click the link below to learn about our Grief Share groups.
JCHC offers support for caregivers. Click the link below to learn about our Caregiver's support groups.
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES IF:
- Your needs can be met at home.
- You want a service in your home.
- There is another person available and willing to participate in your care if you are unable to care for yourself.
- You live in an area accessible during the time service is needed.
HOW CAN YOU PAY FOR HOME HEALTH SERVICES?
- You may be Medicare/Medicaid eligible if you are homebound. This means that you are not able to leave home due to your medical condition without the help of another person or a device, or that your medical condition makes it inadvisable for you to leave your home.
- Medicare/Medicaid also requires that a patient needs one or more skilled services (Nursing, Physical Therapy or Speech Therapy).
- Medicaid "community-based waiver services", that include Home Health Aide care, may be available if you qualify financially.
- Call the Home Health Department with any questions about financial coverage by Medicare, Medicaid, Worker's Compensation, or Private Pay.
- All of our services are also available through private pay.